Texas state law requires school attendance between the ages of 6 and 18.
A child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten.
To enter first grade a child must be 6 years of age on or before September 1.
Students enrolling in Calhoun I.S.D. must provide the following documents:
1. "Legal" birth certificate issued by county.
2. Social Security card
3. Proof of physical residence (utility bill or lease agreement)
4. Transcript from previous school
5. Immunization record including DPT, poliomyelitis, varicella, hepititis B and measles-mumps-rubella.
(A TB test is required if students are entering from outside the United States.)
Requirements for prekindergarten:
1. Four years old on or before September 1.
2. Limited English language proficiency, income within guidelines for free/reduced meals (proof of income required), homeless, or a child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the US.
3. Documents listed above.
If you have More Questions Please contact Our PEIMS Coordinator--> Lori Leal